Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst Overview:
• Provides support for preparation of business review presentations, as well as, completes work on special projects for senior business team leaders that is in alignment with company-wide goals
• Performs variance and trending analysis
• May be responsible for analyzing the monthly financial performance and providing commentary for the material variances to prior year and plan
• Efficient data mining/querying and reporting.
• Prepare and update month and quarter end reports.
• Perform advanced analysis activities, including defining, measuring and communicating core metrics and providing insight to the business.
• Orientation to continuous performance improvement coupled with root cause analysis.
• Monthly close process, Journal Entries, Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Preparation of corporate reporting deliverables
Additional role responsibilities:
• Manage and reconcile rebate reserves monthly/quarterly/yearly
• Liaison with shared services accounting on rebate reserves
• Process monthly/quarterly/yearly rebate payments
• Research and resolve distributor/contractor rebate issues/questions
• Work with sales team to establish new account rebate programs
• Assist in yearly budgeting process
• Research effectiveness of incentive rebates
• Ad-hoc analysis as required
Senior Financial Analyst Responsibilities:
Senior Financial Analyst Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related area.
• 3 to 5 years of related work experience in Finance.
• Proficient with Oracle, Microsoft Office Applications, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Relentless focus on accuracy and getting things done.
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to tailor communication to the audience
• Strong interpersonal skills, organizational and management skills.
• Self-starter with strong teamwork skills and ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders across functional areas
• Proven analyst with experience forecasting and providing actuals in a timely and accurate manner critical.
• Demonstrated problem solving ability with experience providing practical business insights from large, complex