Job descriptionSenior Handbag Designer
Our client is an industry leader in accessible luxury handbags, accessories, and apparel with playful and subtly edgy designs that integrate the elements of bohemian femininity with a little bit of rock ‘n’ roll.
Senior Handbag Designer Overview:
As the Senior Designer of Handbags, you will be part of a tight knit and dynamic handbag design team responsible for the design and direction of the collection under the Creative Director.
Senior Handbag Designer Responsibilities:
• Strong technical skills in leather goods a must.
• Must be able to translate and execute sketch into curated finish product.
• Good knowledge in leather goods construction and craftmanship, and a good sense of handbag silhouettes, general proportion and form.
• Detailed orientated designer.
• Must have elevated taste level, interest in fashion and a good sense of commerce
• Strong ability to execute hardware design, understand mechanism, execute technical designs and trouble shoot hand samples.
• Able to do full size drawings, good hand sketch ability and adobe skills a must
• Organizational skills in managing multiple ongoing developments with multiple factories and hardware vendors from start to finish during the entire development season.
• Communicate and follow up with factories and vendors.
• Consistently manage design deadlines and priorities, hand off tech packs and development comments in a timely fashion and track sample development.
• Manage development calendar, follow up on timeline with vendors & factories
• Independent worker, able to quickly adopt RM design process, expectations and standards
• A team player with good communication skills
• Consistent in organizing work, design binders and saving work on the shared drive
Senior Handbag Designer Qualifications:
• 10+ years of work experience in handbag design.
• Ability to work with creative director and build good relationships with team members.
• Super positive personality, “can do’ and “how can we do better” attitude.
• Exceptional team player and communication skills—you are proactive, organized, clear, and action-oriented
• Thrive in fast-moving organization and able to think outside of the box to self-improve work efficiency
• Natural problem-solver who is able to work within an entrepreneurial environment
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience