Our client, a leader in kitchen appliances, is looking for a Senior Industrial Designer to join the team.
Senior Industrial Designer Responsibilities:
- The Industrial Designer will be a member of the Product and Experience Design Team and must work closely with UX/UI Designers to create a holistic experience
- The Industrial Designer must work closely with the Culinary & Product Development Teams to observe, test, and analyze the function of the products
- The Industrial Designer must also understand human behavior and human ergonomics in the kitchen.
- Develop new products through strategic thinking and process
- Assess user experience associated with the user logic and interaction of the product
- Ideate product aesthetics associated for the form, color, and design language
- Identify and problem solve end user needs through user testing
- Apply research and insights to design, ensuring functionality, user experience and aesthetics are on brand
Senior Industrial Designer Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Industrial Design
- 5-10 years of experience within consumer product design arena
- Possess an exceptional portfolio which demonstrates the process of the design thinking process and design methodologies
- Strong working proficiency in 3D Cad modeling (Rhino, Fusion 360, Solidworks, and similar programs) and Rendering skills (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Keyshot, 3DMAX, and similar programs)
- Strong visualization skills from quick hand drawing to full presentation