Our client, a leader in the beauty and Retail space, is looking for a seasoned Senior Product Designer to join their team on an ongoing freelance basis. This role is completely remote and will be 40 hours a week for 9 months to start, with potential! The Product Designer is strategic, articulate and extremely well organized key role within the Digital Creative Team. They are a natural collaborator and an excellent communicator, able to develop and present design ideas in a large team environment.
The Product Designer is strategic, articulate and extremely well organized key role within the Digital Creative Team. They are a natural collaborator and an excellent communicator, able to develop and present design ideas in a large team environment. They will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Ecommerce, IT, Brand Marketing, Loyalty and third party partners. They possess extraordinary visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principles. They have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, they are able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions. Strong communication skills and ability to stay highly organized is critical. They should be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
The Product Designer Requirements:
- A strong online design portfolio
- A great eye for detail, demonstrate creative and innovative problem solving
- Solid understanding of user experience and interaction design across all digital platforms – how to craft an interaction that will intuitively lead a user through a flow
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Able to clearly communicate concepts and designs through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, and prototypes
- Able to function independently and in a team environment with solid collaboration skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique
- Perform quality assurance testing on existing and new features: QA/UAT
- 3-5 years work experience with a focus on product design and UI for app (IOS & Android)
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar
- Intermediate to advanced level skill with Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite
- Previous experience working in an e-commerce or retail environment is a plus
- Previous experience working with a design system
- A passion for the brand, its products, and its guests is a requirement
If interested in and qualified for the opportunity, please forward your portfolio today!