Job descriptionSenior Product Designer- Indoor Furnishings and decor
Located in Westchester Ohio, our client is the destination for products that make everyday life luxurious. From indoor and outdoor furniture and accessories to pool floats and holiday decor, our client offers premium products for every lifestyle.
As the Senior Product Designer, you will be passionate, curious and driven with expertise in indoor and outdoor furniture product design from concept to final product with experience in managing business units and teams.
Senior Product Designer Responsibilities:
- Work with Design Leader to develop the creation of seasonal and core design direction (materials, finishes, shapes, details) that achieve overall merchandising vision and Brand Strategy.
- Create presentation documents, present and participate in the Concept Presentation.
- Research both assigned product development categories and general market. Gather market data on key home and fashion trends and interpret results for the brand. Collaborate with VP to formulate and propose competitive strategy.
- Pre-develop new ideas and concepts as requested for Concept Presentations. Identify key ideas to be developed and collaborate with Design Leader.
- Translate global trends into concepts and designs that respond to all business needs and relevant product categories.
- Develop SKU-level designs from conception through revisions to final sample approval - that support seasonal concepts, white space opportunities and big ideas, merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction. Present to design leader for review and approval prior to merch review.
- Create and deliver effective, cohesive product presentations to "sell" concepts and designs to merchants and executive team.
- Present pre-sketches and final specs to Merchandising and Sourcing, collaborate with Merchandising on final sketches. Present final sketches to Executive team.
- Ensure product design packages are complete, accurate and handed off to sourcing and merchant partners. Draft designs and develop clear CAD drawings and 3-D modelling when necessary.
- Maintain brand P.O.V. through collaboration with design leader and peers, merchants and vendors.
- Travel for inspiration and collaborate with merchandising to review and approve proprietary seasonal designs.
- Manage junior designers
- Passionate about interior design and furniture design.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop) and expert in solid works.
- Ability to function independently or in a team, show sound judgment in a fast paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency, motivate and influence teams to work collaboratively together.
- Must be detail oriented and very organized.
- Able to multi task, prioritize critical issues and work within all levels of the organization