About the Role
The Senior Site Merchandiser is the “Store Manager” of the site at a Division level. Particular focus will be on Product Detail Pages (copy and fit communication & photography) promotional execution (category & product level), site analysis (category performance, web analytics reporting, customer reviews) and leading the execution of compelling product sorts that support the seasonal Marketing & Promotional strategies. This role will manage at the Division level and partner closely with Global Merchandising, Yield, Marketing and Creative teams.
What You’ll Do
• Customer-Centric led decision making with attention to detail on site execution.
• Understanding of seasonal big ideas and financial investments associated with them.
• Being the voice of the channel to ensure channel differences are heard and incorporated into product strategies. The Senior Site Merchandiser is responsible for driving site framework strategies for the business each season and identifying product opportunities to inform online exclusive assortments and online functionality opportunities.
• Driving category performance through diversity of messaging, online exclusives, product extensions, visual sorting and merchandising and linking strategies.
• Owning promotional execution for products & categories, driving for clarity & alignment with cross-functional team.
• Reporting weekly and seasonal performance, incorporating business trends, customer insights, and macro trends. Making recommendations for in season and/or future opportunities.
• Possessing growth mindset & marketplace awareness. Proactively find ways to grow the business, identify product and site functionality opportunities.
• Demonstrating Agile mindset: being nimble and quick! Ability to identify where change is needed, react quickly to customer and business trends.
• Communicating seasonal Site strategies to key functional partners to focus the team towards a common goal.
• Leading weekly Site Reviews with Global partners including merchandising, marketing and GYM.
• Partnering with production to understand technical site & tool functionality to drive efficiencies with existing tools and explore & drive new technical solutions.
• Ensuring flawless execution of photo planning process including regular touchpoints with marketing, weekly creative reviews. Provides seasonal guidelines and feedback to photo team.
• Clear understanding of Customer, Brand, Product and Channel needs
• Strategic Agility- Ability to anticipate and articulate future trends and respond with competitive strategies.
• Problem Solving- uses rigorous logic and innovative methods to proactively solve difficult problems; probes all sources, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers when solving problems.
• Act as functional leader coordinating efforts of the site merchandisers across divisions
• Learning on the Fly- Learns quickly when facing new problems; can anticipate and effectively respond to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
• Organizing and Priority Setting: effectively manages team so time is spent on what is important
• Effective Communication: Can inspire others to follow an informed direction and implement change.
• Interpersonal Savvy: demonstrates curiosity and leverages expertise in making business decisions; gains the trust and support of cross-functional peers and partners.
• Developing Direct Reports and Others: Proven track record of investing time in the development of others. Can comfortably and effectively direct, challenge and guide team members to meet their business and career goals
• Listening: Practices attentive listening; values the input of cross functional partners and team members
• Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
Who You Are
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years of retail merchandising experience
• 1-3 years of management experience
• Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise
• Ability to be scrappy, nimble and entrepreneurial
• Strong analytical skills
• Possess a strong working knowledge of financial measurements
• Customer Oriented, Detail Obsessed