The Senior Software Development Engineer will be responsible for software interface development: analyzing, designing, building and testing interfaces to both healthcare trading partners (primarily in ANSI X12 Electronic Data Interchange [EDI] Format), and to financial industry trading partners using a variety of formats.
• Design and implement UI and Business Logic in an enterprise n-tiered application
• Create algorithms and implement solutions to manage a data-intense industry
• Maintain existing applications
• Contribute to completing software-based healthcare and finance industry problems
• Communicate solutions and problems to different departments
• Troubleshoot production issues
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• A minimum of 3 professional years in software development experience.
• Requires proficiency in C# or Java development.
• Strong object-oriented concepts.
• Ability and flexibility to work in multiple projects.
• Deep understanding of software development cycle, coding principles, best practices and design patterns
• Strong experience in C# (preferred, this is what we use), Java or C++
• Good understanding of relational databases and SQL
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Ability to quickly acquire and apply new technical and industry knowledge.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
The candidate will be operating in a high-energy, high-growth environment. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to excel and learn in an open, professional, team-oriented environment, and grow their career with an industry innovator and recipient of several industry awards.
We offer a competitive compensation package. Benefits include medical, dental, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance and 401(k). Salary history and experience will be considered.