Our client is looking for a Senior UX Designer to support our Design Studio in Newark, CA. This role will report to the Streamers and Creators Principal UX Designer and will partner with the Streamers and Creators Head of Design to develop a deeper UX practice within the business group as well as provide hands-on support of hardware and software product initiatives being developed in the Streamers and Creators group for our video suite of products.
To deliver on this mission we’re seeking someone with exceptional iterative design experience and a “prototyping as a best practice” mentality coupled with a user-first design process point of view -- which will be leveraged to drive exceptional holistic experiences across hardware and software product ecosystems.
- Identifying, iterating, and delivering world class UX design for hardware and software projects based in the Streamers and Creators group.
- Building and leveraging familiarity with applicable product ecosystems, key digital platforms, and personal workspace functionality to uncover, design and deliver valuable hardware and software experiences for our customers.
- Integrating the target audience -- and advocating for them on their behalf -- in all points of the product experience design process to ensure all product experiences meet user needs and expectations.
- Utilizing best-in-class iterative design processes and activities to ensure world-class outcomes happen quickly -- even where we know the least. Working with all disciplines within the Streamers and Creators group to deliver a thoughtful and cohesive experience for the end user..
Who You Are
- You are a Senior User Experience Designer with a passion for using technology to make people’s lives better.
- You have a deep understanding and appreciation for the user centered design craft and a drive to leverage the UCD process to develop magical, desirable products for users -- while maintaining a healthy appreciation for the gritty details necessary to make these experiences possible.
- You are comfortable stepping into a leadership role to help teams come together to deliver amazing experiences -- and as such you are extremely comfortable socializing, initiating and driving the processes, collaborations, negotiations and delivery of these experiences with an open, humble and collaborative attitude -- focused on helping everyone reach incredible outcomes.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a UX designer, visual designer, interaction designer or similar user-centric design roles
- Experience in consumer electronic user experience design or other related industry (corporate, software, web or agency)
- Proven track record on leveraging Agile methodologies and the UCD process to imagine, iterate and deliver great product experiences
- Demonstrable portfolio of products – for which you played a key design role – shepherded through the end-to-end UX design lifecycle
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative quality metrics to measure product acceptability and desirability as well as the processes by which to develop, maintain and leverage them
- Excellent presentation and collaboration skills
- Experience designing or partnering with the design of platforms used for key product experiences
- Reside within, and are legally able to work in the Continental US
- Experience using tools like Figma, Abstract, Sketch, Miro, Adobe CS Pluses
- Experience with photography and/or video
- Experience with lighting