The Senior Digital Graphic Designer is responsible for leading creative execution and output in the digital media and social spaces. Candidates should possess a sophisticated visual style, flexibility, and a compelling portfolio. The designers main focus is in paid media content, but can extend to organic social and blog as needed. The candidate will oversee junior web designers and assist them with their design layouts to reach the optimum look/feel of the site. In addition, s/he will be responsible for presenting their work to the team, routing files for approval and releasing organized files to production management when approved. This individual reports to the Director of Digital Design.
What you'll do:
• Design materials that enhance the brand and the overall customer experience
• Ensure design reflects the brand look-and-feel by following brand standards and actively help develop graphic standards
• Drive innovation with editorial storytelling approach to assets
• Curate and design content for multiple digital and social channels for paid advertising/media (facebook, Instagram, etc)
• Oversee the creative direction of paid partnerships
• Manage junior designers and their individual development.
• Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, production, photo, and merchandising
• Be responsible for presenting your work to the team, routing files for approval and releasing organized files to production management when approved
• Eye for visual storytelling and audience engagement.
• Ability to pull together disparate elements of a design created by team members such as photography, images, layouts and text.
Who you are:
• 5+ years of web design experience in all phases from start to finish with minimal direction.
• Experience with paid advertising and Social Media
• Experience with motion and video graphics (After Effects a plus)
• Strong project management skills and ability to function as project leader influencing others as well as individual contributor.
• Able to work well in cross-functional teams simultaneously contributing to multiple projects each with aggressive development schedules.
• Must be organized and able to prioritize, multi-task and work independently through ambiguity.
• Strong communication skills - Able to present concepts in a clear and convincing manner to a broad range of audiences – from executives to software developers.
• Expert knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Acute attention to detail including pixel perfect layouts and the ability to follow graphic brand standards.
• BA/BFA in Graphic Design preferred