Length of Contract: 11 months
Location or Remote: Seattle, WA
Client Overview: The client operates at the intersection of advertising and eCommerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across their ecosystem of mobile and desktop websites, proprietary devices and advertising platform.
Position Overview: We're looking for an enthusiastic and data-driven site merchandiser to help grow our books business and drive success through strategic marketing programs. The site merchandiser will play a key role in managing and optimizing campaigns, launching marketing for new releases and best sellers, identifying new opportunities based on customer and business data, and reporting on campaign performance to internal stakeholders. The role primarily focuses on marketing through owned and operated channels, with an emphasis on email, push notifications, and placements in the Books store online and on devices.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute marketing initiatives for key marketing programs
- Own campaigns from end to end – manage targeting and segmentation, messaging, planning, build and execution as well as reporting on individual campaign results and bigger picture trends.
- Continually optimize campaigns for maximum performance, leveraging iterative testing while ensuring content quality.
- Analyze and communicate results of marketing efforts to internal stakeholders
- Track marketing best practices, monitor industry trends, and make recommendations.
- BA/BS required.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, merchandising, bookselling, publishing, or a related field.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, experience using data to develop and measure campaigns
- Ability to communicate effectively and successfully manage internal and external relationships
- Excellent project management skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to present ideas to various levels of an organization and gain support for initiatives
- Accomplished range of skills from strategic thinking to detailed execution
- Experience optimizing processes for efficiency and accuracy
- Experience with customer segmentation and targeting
- Ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
- An interest in books.