Our Client is an exciting Skate Brand who is looking to add a Social Media Manager to their social media team. You must have a background in skateboarding, minimum of two years of social media experience and live local to the Los Angeles area to be a candidate for this role.
This role will be responsible for managing Our Client’s skateboarding and surf social media accounts. This includes but is not limited to building out and posting on each account, answering DMs and comments, researching and gifting to local, international, amateur, and established ambassadors as well as pro athletes in the field, and coming up with relevant content and partnerships and helping put them together in an organized and efficient way to meet our overarching goals and budget. This role will also include assisting in any other activations or promotions related to the company’s marketing efforts related to skate & surf or not.
- Creating / curating and posting content on any social media channel that Our Client decides to prioritize in their strategies, including but not limited to Instagram, Youtube, TikTok, or any other social media platforms.
- Creating / curating and posting approximately 3 posts and 3 stories every day with
corresponding copy for each, for both our Our Client’s Skate and Our Client’s Surf Instagram page. All of which have to be done and approved by your direct report ahead of time.
- Responding to customer queries on social media in a timely manner daily following all company customer service guidelines
- Proposing content ideas per month that work within our priorities, athletes, ambassadors, current events, timeline, and budget.
- Build relationships with like-minded influencers and leaders to grow our brand, product and awareness within both fields.
- Reaching out and gifting local, international amateur, established and pro athletes in both fields on a big scale.
- Engineering innovative ways to gift, package, and talk about our product and story.
- Hitting monthly goals directly related to an increased following, awareness, content- creation or conversion.
- Proposing and executing strategies and tactics in order to increase engagement, reach, number of followers, sales, and other relevant metrics.
- Keeping up-to-date on seasonal and daily trends and holidays in order to pitch content that pertain to them.
- Keeping up-to-date on the skate and surf landscape, competitors, and consumer trends to ensure that we are positioned as an industry leader.
- Coming up with an overarching brand profile and verbiage as it relates to both sports.
- Keeping track of partnerships to better understand results and optimize opportunities.
- Liaise with our content and marketing team to stay up-to-date on all initiatives and create a wholesome approach.
- Create skate and surf press pitch drafts for announcements or other relevant highlights and stories.
- Assisting with pop-up stores, events, activations, and any other physical installations
Our Client engages in, surf & skate related or not.
- Manage unboxing Youtube partners, product review partners, product posts, and overall influencers and athlete endorsements.
- Established relationships within skateboarding and surfing culture and communities
- Experience working within social media, specifically, Instagram, Youtube, and Facebook.
Bonus for experience with TikTok or other relevant platforms
- Minimum 2 years experience managing an Instagram social media page
- Proven success in a social media role in terms of growth and acquisition
- Experience working with a skate or surf brand and the overall environment
- Able to meet stated goals in a time-sensitive environment
- Thrives in a time-sensitive environment with changing priorities and situations
- Experience working and monitoring a stated monthly and yearly budget
- Ability to analyze and summarize data
- Willing to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good social skills