As the Visual Lead, Social, you will be our resident social creative genius, driving the imagery & visual storytelling in the conversation between us and our 14 million+ followers. You will partner closely with the Social Editorial creatives to develop and concept key social strategies, creating and executing social content together. In this role, you will lead and inspire a small team of designers and partner across the creative organization with OMNI Art Directors, Copywriters, Designers, Stylists, as well as external agencies, to bring campaigns to life across social and paid ads. Our social channels are the most “pushed” expression of our brand’s DNA & character, and it’s where our brand’s personality really shines.
This might be the role for you if…
You’re an excellent visual thinker/designer/creator/photography/video lover with a strategic mind and an eye for emerging content trends, the ability to translate brand identity & values across vehicles, and a devotion to platform innovation. You can draw imaginatively from multiple sources of creative, from OMNI brand shoots and agencies, to creating original graphics & animation, to brand values work, to user-generated content. You’re a big-picture thinker who never underestimates the importance of details. Each post is a new chance to interact with our audience & our customer and is also a thread in the web that makes us a successful, fast-growing, $9B company. You’re great at working independently as well as collaboratively – you’ll be a central part of a social team that includes brand managers, community managers, stylists & art directors, as well as our senior social editor, editorial director & senior director of brand voice. You are a culture sponge, passionate about content creation & experimentation, and are obsessed with what’s happening in the different spaces we occupy – social, retail, fashion, culture. And you’re fearless at presenting creative ideas that help our brand jump into the conversation.
• Social design experience is preferred.
• Direct and deliver innovative visual direction for all social platforms that consistently drives engagement, brand love and platform growth.
• Oversee the creative execution of social-first marketing campaigns
• Collaborate with creative partners across internal teams to use existing content to create original posts
• Create any additional brand paid content or special projects. i.e., brand values work, black history month, pride, holiday gifting etc.
• Have a keen understanding of not only organic but paid consideration social media
• Work collaboratively with the Senior Social Editor to concept & strategize social stories.
• Keeps current of innovative content creation as platforms, trends and tools evolve
• Maintains maniacal focus on brand look and feel i.e., photography and toolkit
• Collaborate with cross functional partners on omni-channel specific needs
• Ensures that all projects are brand appropriate with the highest standard possible
• Oversees internal and external reviews through to final execution
• Collaborate with Editorial Director to create monthly influencer briefs, which are used for external business partners to style and shoot the product in a brand-right way.
• Participates in brainstorming sessions with external ad agency partners and provide visual guidance.
• Presents work and displays effective communication to business partners and senior management.
• Provide mentoring and thought leadership to junior team members?
• Social design or art direction experience is required.
• A self-starter, ready to design, create – job is not just “directing.”
• Strong knowledge of current social apps and trends: Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, Twitter, YouTube.
•Ability to apply user interface knowledge of apps to create interactive design best practices.
• Expert knowledge of design fundamentals, layout, typography, animation and information hierarchy.
• Expert in idea generation, as well as collaboration with copy and photography creative partners.
• Must be detailed-oriented, well-organized and able to thrive in deadline-driven environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and MAC OS environment.
• BFA in Graphic Design, Photography, or related area a plus.
• 7+ years professional experience in design and/or social content creation.
• 3+ years management experience.