Job descriptionSQL Server & WMS Programmer - Orangeburg, NY
Client is one of the top skin care companies worldwide, with a strong position in Europe and the Americas and growth accelerating in Asia, we’re looking for an SQL Server & WMS Programmer located in Orangeburg, New York.
In this role, you will need to be passionate, audacious, engaged, collaborative and respectful on a daily basis. Being digitally minded is key in all roles as well.
A passion for our brands, our history and our products is essential in this role.
What You’ll Do:
By fulfilling the main mission of this role, you will contribute to the 5 pillars of strategy: people-centric, brand-builder, consumer-obsessed, digitally minded, and committed to responsible beauty.
- Support and maintain integrated business and information solutions for warehouse management and operations.
- Strong technical skills, business acumen, and creativity.
- Develop, implement, and optimize stored procedures and functions.
- Analysis of existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Contribute to project planning discussions, provide status updates for development progress and be a critical resource for issue resolution.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, testing and deploying
- Monitoring the ticketing system and provide user support for application issues.
- Understand business processes and collaborate with the team to implement robust scalable solutions.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, time-management, and communication skills coupled with a dynamic personality.
- Curious, with the desire to learn constantly.
- Analytical and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative and succeed in motivating a team.
- Genuinely looking forward to new challenges.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject desired
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of hands-on development experience working in fast paced information technology environments. Experience developing systems with an in-depth knowledge of the full development process from planning to deployment including all phases of detailed analysis, design, testing and systems integration.
- Experience in distribution/logistics with an emphasis on warehouse management systems.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker with problem-solving and good time-engagement skills
- Experience analyzing long-running queries and remediation of the issues
- Ability to present technical information to other team members and collaborate effectively
- Ability to work with multiple technology platforms which include SQL, Microsoft SQL Server including SSIS, ETL tools and Scripting languages (ideally PowerShell).
- Experience with Infor M3, WMS (aka SCE), or ION desired
- Working knowledge of API’s (REST, SOAP, etc)
- Knowledge of JSON, HTML, and/or XML is a plus.
- Functional knowledge of MS Office Online Suite (including Excel, SharePoint & Teams)
- Managing multiple tasks, while remaining focused on core business objectives is key for this mission critical position.
- Passionate about technology with enthusiasm for solving technical\functional problems and can acquire knowledge on the fly
- Eager, motivated, go-getter, who is resourceful and innovative.
- Ability to acquire and utilize new skills which can include languages, technologies, and systems.
- Strong technical skills, business acumen, and creativity
- French or Spanish a plus.
- Standout brands, Distinctive, high-quality products and services
- A longstanding commitment to social, economic and ecological initiatives, Growth opportunities, Learning & Development
- An attractive compensation and benefits package