This position is a 6 month assignment with our clients girl's apparel design team. You will be contributing to SS23 product design and development, as well as FH23 creative direction, narrative build and concepting.
- The nature of the work is focused on the appearance of product, communications, or collateral materials.
- Product Design - on key financial and statement models, uses exceptional design skills to create original, innovative concepts and designs that appropriately reflect design philosophy and lead the industry.
- Understands and uses new technologies that bring innovation to designs and applications.
- Works from concept inception to production creation -- takes direction from Creative Director, but works primarily autonomously on designs.
- Creates cohesive collections.
- Design Execution - executes all product details including: construction detail, color, form, style, detail, fit performance, graphic application, trim, etc.
- Reviews samples and clearly communicates changes to ensure timely completion of each project.
- Shares process and product finishing expertise across category and design group.
- Process/Timeline - Leads design product processes for assigned category or product group; ensures feasibility of designs, meeting price points.
- Process/Timeline - Leads design product processes for assigned category or product group; ensures feasibility of designs, meeting price points, merchandising needs and product creation timelines.
- May have cross- divisional opportunities.
- Communication - Assumes a lead role in communicating and presenting creative strategies, product concepts, and consumer insights to internal & external audiences.
- Effectively presents Category and initiative positions.
- Communicates actively across the design function to advance the knowledge and connectivity of the group as a whole. S
- kill/Knowledge Development - Continuously advances product, process, and design skills reflective of an expert design professional.
- Stays and design skills reflective of an expert design professional.
- Stays abreast of industry and technology developments within the product design profession.
- Shares methods with design staff and influences others to evolve creative skills.
- Leadership - Provides guidance to designers and category team members.
- Shares knowledge, experience, skills, and best practices with others.
- May have responsibility for managing other designers including hiring, coaching, and performance management.
- Effectively uses design support.
- Minimum of 8 years progressively technically sophisticated experience in product design.
- Ability to manage up to 4 projects per season at any level up to A+.
- Exceptional ability to apply and perform design skills (drawing/sketching, ideation, color theory, texture, visual presentation).
- Effective use of computer design applications.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to make persuasive presentations to senior management.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines.