Job descriptionOur client, a Busy Ad Agency, is looking for a Sr Bilingual Copywriter to join their team. This will start off as full time freelance and convert to full time for the right candidate. This will be remote but with occasional onsite meetings! Any healthcare, agency, government experience is a plus!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Someone adept at short- and long-form copy spanning across social, digital, OOH such as outdoor billboards; print/newspaper, collateral, emails, blogs, TV and radio, and websites. A star performer, team player, with great positive attitude, who is a fast learner, detail oriented, proactive, and willing to take and provide direction. This position reports into the Director of Creative Services.
• Passion for cause marketing and doing good in communities
• Familiarity in writing for consumer brands as well as clients in the core categories of Government Services, Health and Healthcare, Education, Transportation and Utilities • Must be digital savvy, and demonstrate a proven grasp of the latest and greatest social media platforms and other online environments as well as more traditional media types, e.g., print, TV, radio, out-of-home
• Familiarity writing for short- and long-form copy/content for owned, earned, and paid media
• Proven writing experience with a high level of creativity, accuracy, and an eagle-eye for typos
• Open to learning about new industries and products/programs and with an ability to vary tone and messaging based on medium, audience, and client category
• Comfortable conducting background research when necessary and fact- checking details
• Think conceptually and execute creative that meets strategic goals across a variety of media in a fully integrated fashion
• Interpret creative briefs and feedback, not afraid to ask questions and trouble shoot/provide alternate solutions
• Effectively communicate ideas and possess the ability to provide strategic rationales in support of the creative work
• Understand and adhere to client brand guidelines and other required templates and formats as they relate to various assignments
• Excellent oral and verbal communication skills, must be comfortable presenting to internal team members, agency partners and clients
• Work in a team setting with various departments, be a good listener and take direction well
• Work independently, but also conceptualize and collaborate with other members of the creative team
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task between multiple client projects simultaneously
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to roll with the punches, willingness to keep learning and growing and passion to excel
• Highly motivated, collaborative partner who works well under pressure
• Experience in mentoring junior staff, providing direction & feedback as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or similar discipline
• Minimum of 5 years of bilingual copywriting or writing experience preferably at an advertising, marketing, or creative agency, with a strong portfolio
• Fluency – can speak, write, and translate English to Spanish (Mexican Spanish)
• Proficiency in project management and proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
• Demonstrated team leadership and management experience.
• Tech-savvy and process driven. Familiar with tools such as Jira, Trello, Wrike, Basecamp, amongst others.
• Proficient in MS office site, knowledge of Keynote, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator.
Send your resume today!