Our client, a leading NYC ad agency is seeking a Sr. Brand Planner. Sr. Brand Planners are responsible for helping to develop and implementing strategic planning on a number of dynamic brands within multiple categories, including, but not limited to: CPG, healthcare, dining and automotive (along with multiple new opportunities via new business development efforts)
• Help establish, execute and maintain strategic direction for brands through rigorous business quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Manage the development and implementation of business research analyses required for brands, assessing and compiling market trends, and providing guidance in analyses of consumer research such as demographics, behavior, usage and attitudes.
• Craft business research projects such as segmentation projects and provide guidance to account and creative teams in developing strategies used in communications.
• Develop creative briefs and formulate recommendations in aid of business market needs.
• Follow and analyze broader consumer attitudes and trends and applying an understanding of these trends to brand specific communications with creative teams to ensure understanding and grounding leading to those briefs.
• Provide research support for new business pitches as part of a larger integrated team.
3-5 years’ experience within a strategic planning department at an advertising or marketing agency designing and analyzing quantitative and qualitative research (including concept tests, advertising copy tests, tracking studies, A&U and segmentation studies) in order to develop and implement strategic marketing plans to create brand platforms and positioning for clients. Diverse experience working across multiple categories including healthcare/pharma, CPG, auto and dining is highly preferred.
Please note that this position reports into the departments Planning Directors and will work closely with members of the agency team in creative, account planning, digital and media departments.
• Must have experience in researching and utilizing social media to formulate strategic marketing plans reflecting pop culture.
• Must have experience in working with creative teams to direct messaging content and serve as a brainstorming facilitator and focus group moderator.
• Must have experience in developing and delivering client and internal presentations.
• Must have a minimal level of experience participating in new business settings/pitches
• Preferred have worked in an agency setting previously of similar size and structure to M+P
• Professional fast-paced advertising agency work environment
• Sit at desk/computer for long periods of time
• Must be able to work late when workloads or client dictates require
• Must be able to lift weights up to 15 pounds.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the right of the company to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.