Our rapidly growing apparel client is hiring a Sr. Costing Manager to join their team and works with the Director of Costing, key supply chain leaders, and brand management in the USA and Asia to ensure proper contracts, standards, analysis, and processes are in place to cost all projects at target cost based on corporate margin requirements. The position continues to build and create relationships with factory partners and key vendors to ensure the best possible product and material costing. Strategically develops and implements new processes to streamline the product costing cycle. Leads team for assigned brands.
The primary functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing costing process in the USA and Asia within critical path dates. Develop, manage, and implement objectives and key results critical to the brands business success. Collaborate with Sourcing, Global Planning, and Product Teams to create cost saving strategies.
- Work with Product Team to set style costs and seasonal brand margin targets from product brief stage to commercialization. Ensure concerns and challenges around product costing are raised to the Product Team at key milestone review meetings. Utilize manufacturing knowledge by providing technical expertise to cost engineer product to target and enable design profitability.
- Partner and align cross-functional teams on strategic costing plan to manage inflation cost from logistics, materials, to factory making cost. Partner with Asia Costing to negotiate factory costing seasonally. Help build and improve the costing process in the USA, Asia, and with factory partners.
- Manage Product Lifecycle Management system costing requirements to meet Critical Path dates. Support development and/or enhancement of systems and process to ensure costing requirements are met and to improve costing performance.
- Manage/develop direct reports to build knowledge and growth within their rolls. Ensure Costing Manager(s) have support to effectively carry out their roles.
- Guide Developers and Product Team to proactively manage and problem solve cost issues.
Who You Are
- Proven excellent leadership experience
- Ability to strengthen initiatives and change
- Excellent Strategic planning ability
- Proven problem-solving skills, offer and drives solutions to overcome challenges
- Manage through change, make decisions and act comfortably with risk and uncertainty
We’d love to hear from people with
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with an emphasis on financial or business analysis
- 6-8 years of strategic costing and related footwear experience
- 10+ years industry experience
- 5+ years management experience
- Advanced Product Lifecycle Management system experience (FLEX or other)