Our technology client is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to help us design an analytics architecture, explore data and analyze output from a remote management system that can pass/receive commands and data to/from client devices.
Location: Hybrid on/off site in Beaverton, OR
• Brings experienced point of view on differing analytical architectures and tool and develops solutions based on enterprise customer use cases.
• Support the definition of a reference architecture. Lead the selection and implementation of analytical solutions.
• Develop security and authentication process for organization.
• Identify, trouble shoot and resolve capacity issues related to tools.
• Defines standards, guidelines, and best practices for technical teams to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Supports in developing analytics roadmap as per project prioritization and budget.
• Collaborate with Product, Engineering and Data Science to ensure data quality and integrity in DWH platforms for data exploration or reporting.
• Ensure data quality and integrity before releasing to production.
• Proactively addresses scalability and performance issues.
• Follow agile development methodologies to deliver solutions and product features by following DevOps practices.
Knowledge & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with at least 7+ years of experience.
• Full life cycle project experience, using Jira for task prioritization and Confluence for documentation.
• Experience with tools like Tableau, Domo and Power BI as visualization tools
• Expert in SQL queries, knowledge of DWH concepts and ETL development.
• Experience installing, configuring, and managing analytical platforms
• Knowledge of API enhancements to platform.
• Demonstrated experience in defining and designing KPI metrics.
• Working knowledge of relational database design and data modeling.
• Experience with agile development methodologies by following DevOps, Data Ops and Dev Sec Ops practices.
• Excellent written, verbal, and inter-personal and stakeholder communication skills.
• Ability to analyze trends associated with huge datasets.
• Ability to work with cross functional teams from multiple regions/ time zones by effectively leveraging multi-form communication (Email, MS Teams for voice and chat, meetings)
• Excellent prioritization and problem-solving skills Desired Experience
• Experience using AWS services in a big data platform.
• Experience building cloud solutions using AWS and Azure as data lake backend sources.