This role will work directly with the design director and design leads while mentoring and supporting other team members in delivering exceptional creative work. As a senior designer, you know more than just the ropes. You are a master of your craft in typography, photography, illustration, iconography, color, pattern, and form.
You communicate clearly and know how to inspire. Along with your experience, you bring talent, technique, and an unflinching pursuit of excellence. You never settle. You have a track record of exceptional work, yet you’re still driven to hone new skills and experiment with new tools and new techniques. You will create and execute digital campaigns alongside our designers, writers, and developers and in collaboration with client services, our clients, and other partners. You seek out collaboration with teammates to constantly shape an environment that far surpasses the status quo.
You have a hardworking disposition and deliver above and beyond what’s expected of you. You are a self-starter who actively solves problems. You have no issues working either autonomously or collaboratively. You can take on several concurrent projects without skipping a beat while keeping your cool. You are an effective communicator and can take the lead in a client meeting. You have a point of view and know-how to effectively articulate it to the team. You model greatness while providing professional and creative structure to the studio.
- Understand our clients’ needs—learning the boundaries of their brands—while pushing them into new territories.
- Design digital systems, style guides, email templates, websites, apps, and a wide variety of other digital and physical experiences.
- Take ideas from concept to build-ready assets, employing sharp UX thinking and systems design.
- Work on a multidisciplinary team in a highly collaborative environment with diverse perspectives and expertise.
- Work closely with developers to foster innovation and ensure feasibility and fidelity of final output.
- Articulate and present work internally to design lead, design director, and creative director—and occasionally externally to clients.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in design or fine arts (or comparable experience).
- Five-plus years of experience in a design studio or agency (or comparable experience).
- Ability to work on multiple jobs simultaneously while feeling comfortable with changing workflows and priorities.
- Ability to maintain and adhere to brand guidelines, including calling out when and where they don’t make sense.
- A portfolio and work experience that demonstrate your skills, design sensibilities, and range.
- Experience working on global brands.
- Adaptable to changing client needs and priorities.
- Solid core design competency, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, scale, visual presentation development, and layout.
- Strong familiarity with current trends in color and design.
- Experience leading design teams and mentoring junior designers is a plus.
- Experience with prototyping tools like Invision and Flinto.
- Experience or demonstrated an interest in motion graphics, 3D graphics, VR, or other areas of digital creative work is a plus.
- Experience retouching at a global brand level.
- Exceptional organizational, listening, and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of industry-standard software (Adobe CC, Sketch, Keynote, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of the Google Suite (Drive, Docs, etc.).