We are looking for a Sr. Digital Product Designer to join our client's Digital Product Design team. The Sr. Digital Product Designer is instrumental in guiding the discovery and execution of digital experiences for mobile and web products.
This role is expected to understand the motivations and behaviors of our users and partner with Product and Engineering to design, document, and deliver effective solutions that lead to an effective relationship of high value customers to the brand. You will work collaboratively with other Product Designers, Product Managers, Developers, Marketers and Project Managers on a variety of projects in a fast-paced and positive environment.
We need someone who is detail-oriented with a high bar for quality. The preferred candidate is experienced in both mobile and web-based products. Ideally, you’ll balance both user goals and business needs to create stories, architecture, flows, and wireframes across user interfaces that help people accomplish their goals while achieving memorable and beautiful experiences. It doesn’t hurt if you are passionate about health and fitness.
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of the client's team, building the latest in digital & physical products to make all athletes better. This position is based in Austin, TX.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for the holistic UX of their team’s products and how they overlap and connect across different features and products.
• Generate and translate concepts into simple and elegant user experiences and interfaces that satisfy both business and user needs.
• Guide in the exploration of new, innovative product ideas while refining existing features.
• Create and explain complex concept models, user interface sketches, experience diagrams, and detailed schematics.
• Socialize and present design solutions and rationale to the team and key stakeholders.
• Strategically gather insights using user research methods and competitive analysis.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Proficient in both app-based mobile design (iOS and Android) and web.
• Experience adhering to and developing style and identity guidelines.
• Expert using Figma or similar design and prototyping tools in a shared environment.
• Expert adapting to a variety of software tools and environments.
• Understanding and awareness of design trends.
• Experience building processes across diverse, dynamic, cross-functional teams.
• Eager to solicit feedback from real users and teammates.
• Experience conducting user research and usability studies (both formal and guerrilla-style)
• Able to articulate the conceptual basis of a brand and how it should inform the design.
• Sketching/drawing skills a plus.
• Familiarity with design to developer handoff.
• Considerate of file etiquette in a shared environment.
Education And / Or Experience
• 6+ years of experience in digital product design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent experience.