The first spark of a product idea sets the product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over our client's iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR We are seeking a leader to join the Consumer Creation organization as a Senior Digital Product Designer to help us drive digital transformation within the Digital Product Creation (DPC) organization. This individual will own aspects of user experience research, interaction design, and visual design for specific products within the Digital Product Creation (DPC) organization. As part of DPC, you will utilize the power of data and digital capabilities, technology, and talent to fuel a consumer led, digitally native product ecosystem. One that amplifies creativity, drives seamless creation and unleashes obsessed consumers!
We accelerate and empower a digital future for our internal employees to better serve our consumers from planning to design to creation to consumer. You will join a fast-paced, dynamic team of Digital Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Portfolio/Program Management, Insights and Transition Managers. Specializing in human centered design, your role will be to create accessible, intuitive, and easy-to-use products that connect planners to our consumers. You will come to understand the role and workflow of your business partners, their systems, resources, and toolsets. You will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product meets their needs, while delighting them. In the end, your designs will deliver a product that feels natural and is enjoyable to use while delivering stakeholder value.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Evangelize the human-centered design processes and specific methodologies
- Lead creative sessions to gather ideas and focus the team on converging toward testable solutions
- Collaborate across a matrixed team to understand key needs
- Perform usability testing and identify friction points in user-journeys and provide resolution options through A/B testing
- Partner with cross-functional team of product managers, business users, and engineers to define and prioritize features supporting business priorities and outcomes
- Drive wireframing and prototyping to test interactions, designs, and user flows to continually improve the efficiency of the system.
- Design mockups, storyboards, wireframes, user-flows, and high-fidelity solutions
- Ability to effectively document and hand-off design files to engineers
- Follow-through with engineers when designs are handed off
- Have a passion to measure KPIs in order to continually improve the user experience
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
- This role would report into the Design function of the Digital Product Creation (DPC) organization within Consumer Creation.
WHAT YOU BRING
- The ideal candidate will have a portfolio of exceptional work across digital products and user experience applications.
- They tell a cohesive user-story while caring for the details.
- A track record of shipping great design
- Excellent communication skills to engage with users, engineers, product partners, and stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent collaboration and relationship management skills
- Highly developed empathy, curiosity, and imagination
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, a fast-paced environment and take initiative
Experience working within a team to build, maintain , and/or contribute to a Design System
- 5+ years direct experience in digital product design or equivalent
- Experience working on large-scale projects
- Bachelor's degree in design, advertising, art direction, or a related field
- Experience with modern design productivity, workflow, and research tools (Figma, Jira, Slack, Miro, Monday, Adobe C, Google Analytics, Hotjar, Crazy Egg, etc.)
NIC TO HAVES
- Experience in design facilitation and leading Design Thinking workshops
- Experience with front-end development HTML/CSS, JS/REACT/VUE, etc
- Industry experience in manufacturing, product creation operations, product line or assortment planning
- Experience working with Agile software-development processes
- Strong interaction design skills