The Senior Manager of Promotional Campaign Planning leads all promotional planning initiatives for our US market, ensuring a product-proud, margin-accretive marketing calendar across a variety of traffic-driving programs such as primary campaigns, promo-code offers and limited-time deals. The ideal candidate has proven competency in campaign or promo planning, has had exposure to product or inventory management, strong financial acumen, and a natural ability to tell a story based on hindsight and data points. Flawless presentational abilities to senior-level leaders also required.
This individual is the driver of the Commercial Plan, pulling in cross-functional partners at all levels of the organization for consultation and alignment as needed, to deliver a compelling cadence that moves the brand forward while considering historical data + trends. With support and advisement from the Director, this Sr Mgr is the facilitator of the Plan, driving for change or holding the course as needed. Only the tenacious and determined need apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
meeting facilitation, executional problem-solving, ideating on new promotional ideas, business change management, working cross-functionally to solve in-season business concerns, operational optimizations, group motivation and unending question-asking around hindsights, observations, and the competition.
• Leads + manages all outputs for promotional marketing plan (Commercial Plan) pre- and in-season
• Facilitates all Commercial Planning forums, inclusive of those with the working team and executive leadership, sometimes totaling more than thirty people in attendance
• Owns omni TOD + online topline planning, pushing for new executions and products to feature
• Consistently assesses in-season business trends, risk and learnings, guiding the working team to adjust and edit upcoming months as needed
• Oversees the team Assistant in confirming all executional details for the plan in-season, including: divisional participation, value price points, exclusions/inclusions, promo code feasibility, business reaction call dates, legal requirements, Commercial Plan Calendar + Recap
• Liaises with Content Marketing teams to ensure appropriate application of value messaging as intended
• Optimizes processes, tools, and systems surrounding the Commercial Planning process, with a keen eye towards efficiency of decision-making, in partnership with the Director
• Leverages weekly analyses and seasonal hindsights, maintaining a deep understanding of the brand’s marketing effectiveness and driving for action in light of learnings
• Champions the customer experience of commercial messaging across all relevant platforms
• Responsible for management of direct reports; manages career planning, training and advancement for reports
• 5-7 years of experience in consumer marketing with a proven ability in campaign + market planning; experience within Retail or apparel a plus
• Supreme skill in translating business priorities into compelling marketing messages for Brand Managers + Creative partners
• Strategic, data-driven, global thinker with a customer focused mindset
• Facility presenting complex, nuanced financial and product plans to executive leadership for alignment, ensuring the right questions are asked at the right points in the planning pipeline
• Solid analytical skills, ability to glean insights and tell a story from data
• Comfortable with ambiguity; ability to force black-and-white out of grey
• Thrives in a fast-paced and changeable environment; proven ability to set and shift priorities for cross-functional working team as business changes pre- and in-season
• Self-starter with an innate sense of curiosity and eagerness to test and learn for the sake of the business
• Team player with top notch people skills who can foster dynamic relationships with leaders of other cross functional teams, including but not limited to: Merchandising, Inventory Management, Finance, Brand Managers