Our client, an apparel company based in San Diego is looking for Sr Manager of Retention Marketing to join the Marketing organization.
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Marketing, you will build & execute retention strategies, increase customer loyalty, and prevent churn at scale to increase the lifetime value of our returning customer base. In this role, you will lead the development and management of end-to-end campaigns & automated flows across communication channels, including email and SMS. Your core responsibilities will include data-driven audience segmentation and targeting, personalized journey development and content planning, campaign set-up and deployment, reporting, and ongoing testing for performance optimization.
We currently operate in a hybrid in-office/remote work set-up, but are open to fully remote for this role based on candidate preferences.
Some of What You'll Do:
- Develop lifecycle marketing campaigns to drive engagement, action, and customer retention at key touchpoints in the user journey using email, SMS, and on-site personalization
- Manage development through execution of new and existing campaigns, including creative briefing and collaboration, audience segmentation, measurement strategy, and cross-functional alignment
- Build deep understanding of customer insights - analyze, segment, and engage specific customer cohorts and measure their health over extended periods
- Own reporting, measurement, and optimization strategies of key performance indicators across subscriber engagement, content engagement, and site engagement
- Work cross-functionally to define and measure KPIs and goals across owned communication journeys
- Establish rigorous A/B testing processes to test creative design, content, cadence, and timing to constantly improve performance
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in lifecycle marketing with email and SMS channels at a consumer brand; agency and/or email/SMS vendor experience is a significant plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a data-driven field (Business, Engineering, etc)
- Experience building and executing multi-journey automations within an ESP
- Expertise in email deliverability and levers to minimize spam rates (send infrastructure, content parameters, etc)
- Strong data analysis skills; proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts for the target audience
- Technical knowledge of campaign management and ecommerce marketing technology, including tracking parameters, tag and site event triggers, and dynamic content, and a strong ability to see how new vendors can enhance our retention tech stack
- Deep understanding of consumer privacy regulations, especially for email/SMS channels (e.g. iOS restrictions)
- Passion for / interest in men’s apparel
- Experience overseeing email/SMS vendor migrations & having worked across several of them - specific experiences with Emarsys (ESP) & Attentive (SMS) as vendors is an extra bonus
- Experience thriving at a high-growth start-up
- Experience managing a team as an effective/inspirational leader