Sr. Merchant – ABM role overview:
Make An Impact: The Americas Merchandising team is looking for a regional omni-channel Sr. Merchant to join their team and focus on the Watch business through our Mainline channel. You will be responsible for identifying commercial business opportunities through sales analysis, market research, competition, and trends. This Merchant will have the opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment and partner with many teams throughout the business within the commercial team, Global Brand Team, Sales Teams, Visual Merchandising, Planning, Stores and more.
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION: Regional Sr. Merchants will be responsible for: Being the voice of the region to the global brand team – integrating, prioritizing, and communicating needs of local consumers and customers back to the global brand team to deliver commercial success Driving commercial strategy and growth within the mainline portion of the business.
Being the steward of the brand in the region (Brand, product, distribution and pricing) by facilitating execution of the global brand guidelines and strategy, and ensuring cross channel alignment.
Sr. Merchant – ABM role job responsibilities:
- Pre-Season Activities – Line Development Develop regional assortment strategy with commercial teams and align on sales plans, category & channel strategies (includes regional perspective online plan and SKU count needs, price point requests, promotional opportunities)
- Partner with Regional demand planning to review the monthly demand plans, (Regional S&OP input & seasonal / one-off sell-in promotions like Black Friday and Prime Day)
- Prioritize and align regional requests based on consumer trends, market / competitive data & commercial input Integrate, synthesize, and communicate region-specific newness assortment needs (aligned with commercial goals across all channels) to Global Merchandising Communicate regional assortment segmentation plans (developed in partnership with commercial team) to Global Merchandising Communicate global assortment decisions to Regional Commercial teams and discuss any unresolved needs for future seasons
- Recommend future MD’s to Global Merchandising based on regional performance and commercial feedback Communicate product end of life information to regional commercial teams including planned exits and markdown timing
- Align with Regional Planning on finalized newness buy rankings and quantities to meet commercial sales goals
- Align with Regional Marketing on key stories and promotional requirements to ensure assets are in line with channel needs and sales plans
- Grow digital footprint of current and future marketplace businesses for the company In-Season
- Activities Leverage automated reports in weekly business reviews to determine action items in region
- Prepare Regional commercial insights for global monthly and quarterly business reviews Integrate, synthesize, and communicate regional promotional assortment needs (aligned with calendars and commercial sales expectations across all channels) to Global Merchandising at Insight
- Maintain promotional calendar and communicate in-season changes to ensure regional channel alignment Submit any requests for regional changes outside of global guidelines to Global Merchandising for approval (promotion / channel / door approvals) / update global on in-season changes within guidelines
- Communicate global in-season updates (quality issues, early MD's, delivery delays) to regional stakeholders
- Participate in field visits with commercial teams during each season to understand execution and consumer insights
Who You Are:
- 5-7 years’ established experience with a background in merchandising, buying or planning
- 4 year degree in related field is preferred Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint Proficient in retail math Experience tracking historical sales data and forecasting sales
- The ability to network and develop strong relationships with multiple cross functional teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, sales and business driven commercial environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze, draw conclusions and react quickly