Job descriptionTitle: Sr Product Designer
Join the team that’s changing the e-commerce landscape. Our Customer Experience Design team is crafting user experiences for customers who shop from their desktops and mobile devices. Our product designers work hands on to deliver experiences through ideation, design exploration, prototyping, designing user flows and testing. It’s deeply rewarding to see our work come to life at one of the world’s largest e-commerce companies.
As a Product Designer on the Home Specialty Brands, you’ll take on challenging user interactions and work to deliver delightful and consistent customer experiences for our Art, Allposters, Hayneedle and Allswellhome properties. You’ll collaborate with engineers, product managers and other cross-functional stakeholders in a fun, fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. You’ll build on your storytelling and analytical skills to present product design rationale in a convincing manner to the team.
What you’ll do:
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Create wireframes and prototypes to solve difficult UX problems
- Create brand-level design style guides and libraries consistent with each brand
- Obsess over the details of visual and motion design
- Work with product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and merchandising
- Participate in user research and help set up and conduct user testing studies to gain insights on customer needs, goals and mindset
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help improve on the whole experience
- 3+ years experience as a product designer
- Ability to tackle sophisticated design problems
- A portfolio of your most influential UI and UX designs
- Effective communication skills through wire-framing and prototyping
- Expert understanding of key impacting details at each stage of the release cycle
- Strong knowledge and experience in eCommerce UI design
- Excellent grasp of the design thinking and prototyping process, including product/interaction/visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Up to date with modern mobile and web design patterns
- Up to date with ADA compliant design patterns