Sr. Product Line Manager- Oregon City
(IN OFFICE JOB)
Our client is recruiting for a Sr. Product Line Manager for Hard goods! The Product Line Manager (PLM) is responsible for planning, controlling, and managing all aspects related to the creation and maintenance of the assigned product lines. This role manages the full lifecycle of products including planning, development and launch of new products and discontinuation. The PLM is responsible for analyzing product, consumer market and competitive trends around various markets and channels.
For the assigned categories, the Product Line Manager will manage the planning, initial forecasting, pricing and New Product Introduction (NPI) process to ensure maximum profit and growth. The PLM utilizes market knowledge to provide clear product direction to the Industrial Design and Design Engineering teams and outside vendors. He/she will travel to industry trade shows and conduct market visits, as agreed to by the Director of Product Line Management, in order to develop and gain a solid understanding of the market and brand position, as well as develop relationships with customers and Sales Representatives.
This position is responsible for the Outdoor, Survival and Every Day Carry (EDC) enthusiast categories and includes management of supporting accessory items.
Familiarity/Experience in the outdoor market strongly preferred. For example: camping, climbing, hiking, overlanding, freshwater sports, fishing, etc.
- Leads NPI activity coordination for assigned product/category.
- Functions as a member of the product management team and plays a role in strategic business decisions affecting how the categories in the portfolio interact with each other.
- For the assigned product categories, assist in formulating policies and objectives for the brand’s marketing and sales activities.
- In conjunction with sales department, supports sales planning for select product programs, which includes an analysis of competitive products and selling techniques, consumer research, objectives, pricing and distribution.
- For select categories, in coordination with Product Development, complete spec sheets, including: Target Customer, Competitors, Key Differentiators, Risks, Cost & Profitability (NPV) targets and key requirements.
- Consults the customer service department to ensure that current and potential customers receive the best service possible.
- Develops relationships with dealers, distributors and sales reps.
- In conjunction with sales department, determines pricing policies for select programs including discount structure, and promotional allowances.
- Supports Marketing team as needed in planning advertising and public relations activities, in cooperation with product programs.
- Assists as necessary with all communications so they represent the product strategy and adhere to key brand drivers and consumer motivations.
- Develops product budgets and monitors performance against budget objectives.
- Works closely with other members of management in identification and development of products, services, markets, and/or systems improvements.
- Develop and then monitor key measurements for the assigned product lines to ensure alignment and product portfolio success.
Core Product Line Management:
- Assist with copy and technical specifications for catalog and ad production for assigned programs.
- Closely work with Forecasting in the product lifecycle and SKU rationalization/optimization based on past performance and market needs.
- Attend trade shows and market visits, as needed, to gather feedback from dealers and customers as well as looking for new trends.
- Provide training for sales staff and rep groups on assigned programs so they can effectively sell the brand’s offerings and answer questions they may receive from dealers and end-users.
- Respond to certain customer queries via phone, email or on line discussion groups.
- Provide support to product services department regarding product changes, issues or questions.
New Product Introduction (NPI):
- Manage NPI for assigned categories from initial concept development through market launch.
- Manage NPI for assigned categories with sales department and marketing services for sales force introduction, ad production, and press releases.
- Provide support to the sales department regarding technical information on new products.
- Collaborate with Marketing to sure that sales literature, catalog updates, new packaging, and support literature is created and ready for the introduction.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related degree, and 7-8 years of Product Management experience is required. Equivalency to the qualification standard will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience working within the categories of responsibility preferred.
- Experience working with domestic hardgoods manufacturing
- Strong project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successful budgeting/planning/forecasting.
- Experience working with licensing and/or working with third-party brands.
- Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude, and computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Strong information seeking skills and drive to make things happen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Familiarity with Project Management software and applications a plus.
- Familiarity and comfort working in and around related product categories (tactical, outdoor, hunt, rescue, cutlery, etc.).
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group including conducting business in foreign countries.
- Leadership capability, including ability to motivate and mentor others within a work group.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
- Competitive pay
- Cash profit sharing and performance incentives
- Medical including Prescriptions and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Short-Term and Long-term Disability
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- 401K with company match
- Fitness Center Reimbursement
- Pay for time off, including holiday, bonus holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement and jury duty
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Outstanding employee discounts on products and other partner companies
- Tuition reimbursement
- Targeted development planning and learning opportunities
- Employee and family events throughout the year
- Most importantly, our client provides a fun, family oriented and entrepreneurial work environment
This is an exciting time to be part of a company on the verge of even greater success. If you think you have what it takes to be part of a company that strives to create a working environment that stimulates team spirit, passion, engagement, and achievement, complete an application today. Please include a resume and cover letter with your online application.