The Role As a Senior Product Manager on the e-commerce team focused on fulfillment experiences, you will be responsible for envisioning and crafting technology that helps us meet farmers where they are. The products you develop will set trustworthy expectations with farmers on when they could be using the products they purchase from us and provide unprecedented visibility into what’s happening with their order once placed.
You will also ensure that the systems we create provide an amazing experience for our operations teams supporting our customers. While these challenges may seem common or expected in the consumer e-commerce space, the complexities and idiosyncrasies of the agriculture market make them differentiated and unprecedented in our space. You’ll be expected to ideate, build roadmaps, define requirements, and lead teams through to execution and launch.
In this role, you will:
• Manage the end-to-end product life cycle including market needs, opportunity definition, roadmap, and requirements to develop FBN products with durable competitive advantage.
• Drive customer, competitive, and comparable research to identify unmet needs, product gaps, and inform prioritization decisions.
• Immerse yourself in how FBN customers experience our product, and how it can be made better. Conduct customer interviews to gather foundational insights and test out new product concepts.
• Craft the vision for fulfillment experiences in partnership with stakeholders across FBN Direct. Work closely with other Product Managers to develop a seamless experience across the FBN portfolio. Balance the big picture in agricultural systems with the technical details of our data-rich applications.
• Own customer-backed metrics that lead to actionable insights and informed product decisions.
• Use rapid experimentation to learn quickly, iterate, and get it right.
• Work closely and transparently with cross-functional teams, including Design, Engineering, Logistics, Customer Experience, Marketing, Data Science and Sales to ensure seamless execution of your product strategy.
• 5+ years of software product management experience, ideally with at least 2 years in SMB, SaaS mid-market or enterprise software.
• Ability to distill abstract issues into concrete problem statements. Ability to make things happen amidst ambiguity, complexity, and inter-dependencies in an organized and structured way.
• Experience framing needs, developing user stories, managing a backlog, and working in a fast-paced agile development environment.
• Demonstrated success in launching new products.
• High EQ, intuition and skills in communicating your strategy across the company, with end users, and other audiences.
• Comfortable using hypothesis-based experiments to deliver new features and optimize user experience
• Own your own analysis - able to understand the data available and write sql queries.
• Personal initiative and self-starter mentality; thrives in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Bachelor's degree in CS or Engineering preferred.
• Experience working on a logistics SaaS product preferred a plus.
• Agriculture background is not required but candidates must be passionate about our mission to improve the lives of farmers.
• Role is based in the bay area with relocation possible