Length of Contract: 6 months
Location or Remote: Austin, Tx
Client Overview: Our client is a multinational financial services corporation headquartered in California.
Sr. Program Manager Overview: Accountable for the end-to-end planning and execution of one or more projects or programs and/or Agile teams.
- Lead and negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects and initiatives.
- Offer key status updates, accomplishments, risks, issues and mitigation to product and technology management on a regular cadence.
- Coach multiple teams through the software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems.
- Work with product owner to promote and contribute to the improvement of the product backlog.
- Facilitate sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Coach team in estimation techniques.
- Develop metrics and reports using Rally to help the team understand its health and progress and to set goals.
- Leading and coaching a team in its Agile adoption.
- Coach team members to understand Scrum and the Agile Principles.
- Influencing change that increases team performance at a sustainable pace.
- Agile release planning ensure clear communication and collaboration among the Product Owner and members of the Development team.
- Ask thoughtful questions to help our customers, Product Owners to maximize ROI and meet company objectives.
- Understand product strategy and benefits of key deliverable in area of responsibility.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 1+ years of Scrum Master experience.