We are looking for a Senior Technical Designer to join our Women’s Performance Apparel Team. In this role, you will utilize your advanced technical knowledge related to product fit, patternmaking and construction to provide leadership for categories and product groups ensuring consistency & implementing global sizing standards.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional who shows high capacity for and resistance to stress while making thoughtful decisions.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
As a Senior Technical Designer on this team, you will be the fit and construction expert that will partner across other functions to deliver highly crafted and technical product classifications and collections. You will build new patterns, alter or modify existing block patterns as needed, create and update Tech Packs including measurements, construction sketches, pattern revision images and proto comments, build and revise 3D/4D prototypes. You will drive fit strategy and standards, lead fit sessions, track and request prototypes for your styles, manage and meet your calendar target dates, attend meetings that relate to your product’s development and communicate progress and challenges to your team as needed.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will collaborate with Product Design, Graphic Design, Product Management, Apparel Wear Testing (AWT), Product Creation Centers (PCC), Factory, Material and Trim partners to create product to meet consumer needs. This role will report to a Technical Design Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING?
• Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Pattern Making, Textile Science or related field OR additional experience in lieu of a degree
• 5+ years' pattern making and apparel development experience.
• Knowledge of the apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to pattern making, grading, construction, costing, manufacturing, print techniques, embroidery, materials and machinery
• Ability to write product specs and advanced construction instructions along with interpreting design intent and offering alternative solutions
• Ability to act as a technical resource, mentor others and lead initiatives through high energy and positive influence
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to excel in a deadline driven environment.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with attention to detail and process orientation.
• Proficiency with MS Office programs and confident using Adobe Illustrator and CAD Pattern Design software. Experience with Optitex/Browzwear/CLO/Lotta preferred.