Staff Product Designer
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multi-channel campaigns, CRM, ecommerce and analytics tools.
Staff Product Designer Overview:
We are looking for Staff product designers who care deeply about their customers who distill complex problems into thoughtful systems that create inspiring experiences. We’re looking for those who naturally do their best work when collaborating with engineering, product, research, data, and marketing.
Staff Product Designer Responsibilities:
- Raise the quality bar for design and lead through your design work, mentorship, facilitation, and workshops
- Lead and guide mission critical initiatives and experiences across the entire customer journey that are contextual and beautiful
- Commit to understanding and knowing our users — both the intangibles (emotional needs) and tangibles (functional needs).
- Advocate for our diverse customer base with hard data and in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Work with engineering, product management, data, and marketing, etc to create holistic end-to-end experiences across domains
- Use storytelling, facilitation, and insights about our customers to create empathy and guide product teams
- Value diverse perspectives, mentor our team and advocate for ethical and inclusive design practices.
Staff Product Designer Qualifications:
- Can show experience shipping multiple high impact, successful digital products
- Naturally look for opportunities to unify customer experiences across products, platforms, and domains
- Seek to understand and believes that diverse perspectives are the key to a successful implementation in a forgiving, fast-paced, learning environment
- Teammates look to you for modern and best practices when it comes to UX, visual design, patterns, systems thinking, or customer centric approaches to work
- You deeply understand how modern technologies are used with design (CSS, React JS…)
- You have demonstrated experience mentoring and leading others in field
- Have experience designing within and evolving design systems
- Know how to measure outcomes and guide design work to ensure energy is aligned with business strategy
- You believe you still have a lot to learn