Job Title: Supply Chain Director
Location: Remote and then OC
The Supply Chain Director coordinates, organizes, and oversees all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, production, and distribution of company goods.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories and reports of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the factory, as well the master data list and related files for supply chain reporting and record keeping.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Identifies optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Assesses the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; makes recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials.
- Negotiates prices for and procures raw materials and componentry, and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Participates as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering/co-manufacturing changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers and warehouse, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department and the workflow of 3PL to ensure department operates efficiently.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience as a manager, or similar relevant position required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, EDI, Quickbooks, as well as Supply Chain Software, ideally Fishbowl or similar.