Our client is an established brand creating apparel and accessories. They are looking for a Technical Designer to join their team..
Technical Designer Responsibilities:
As Technical Designer, you will be responsible for all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and proactively with an ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment as well as under pressure. You will strive to create clothing that satisfies customers and furthers the mission of the brand.
- Oversee all aspects of technical design, develop and manage technical specification packages for all apparel prototypes including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, trim.
- Interpret design intent and create alternative solutions.
- Create sketches, photos, and other detailed information to ensure clear understanding of design intent.
- Evaluate garment for quality, prepare fit samples prior to fit sessions, participate in fit sessions, and offer recommendations for pattern improvements. Keep track of all necessary documentation and previous samples.
- Provide grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality consistency and collaborate with internal and external partners.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating files of all relevant data for production (style development files, tech pack templates, grade rules, etc).
- Maintain consistency of fit standards for brand.
- Analyze all pre-production samples to ensure all necessary requirements are met according to brand standards.
Technical Designer Requirements:
- 5+ years experience of technical design in apparel
- Portfolio must showcase detailed flat sketches
- Strong background working with both knit and woven fabrics.
- Knowledge and eye for fit, garment construction, and finishing.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Able to multi-task and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Knowledge of PLM, Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Outlook.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and resolve issues in a timely fashion.