This is a full time opportunity.
Location or Remote: Pittsburg, PA
Client Overview: Our client is a leading outdoor recreational sports retailer.
Technical Designer Overview: As the Technical Designer, you will oversee all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit.
Technical Designer Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of technical design for every collection and develop a fit comment document for all garment components, including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, and trim
- Measure garments accurately to identify any fit issues and execute fit comments efficiently to remain on schedule with production
- Participate in fit sessions, provide recommendations, note call-outs, and log critiques to accurately and efficiently address all issues
- Provide grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality consistency and collaborate with internal and external partners
- Approve samples for production after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, hanger appeal, and functionality
Technical Designer Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Proven technical design experience
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator