Leading Fitness Company is in need of a talented Technical Designer, who is available for a part to full time opportunity with the internal retail creative team in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate has technical design experience with premium performance apparel, and is seeking to grow their career by taking ownership of technical design for Barry’s men’s and women’s product.
What You Will Do as the Technical Designer
The Technical Designer is responsible for interpreting the Designer’s intent and providing accurate specs, sketches, construction details, and bills of materials for product development. This includes managing the product definition, cross-functional collaboration with merchandising, product development & designer to finalize fabric and trim selection, evaluate fit and provide necessary input for production facilities to ensure accurate product within targeted costs.
How You Will Make a Difference:
• Provide technical support to the designer: Measure, fit, advise construction improvements.
• Interpret Designer’s intent & provide accurate specs / sketches / construction details for development.
• Evaluate sample garments for Design intent, Fit, Construction through all phases of development and production, from initial proto request to TOP sample approval.
• Maintain Tech Pack updates and ensure comments are communicated to factory partners in a timely manner.
• Work with Product Developer to ensure Bill of Materials is accurate and updated according to changes made in fittings.
• Create and update technical sketches as needed.
• Lead bi-weekly fittings on live model(s) or mannequin.
• Assist in answering questions from factory partners regarding construction or specs.
Skills for Success
• Degree in apparel manufacturing, product development or apparel design related field
• 3-5 years work experience as a Technical Designer or Associate Technical Designer
• 2+ years work experience in the fitness apparel industry, including men’s and women’s active product
• In depth knowledge of fabric, apparel, materials, construction and fit
• Must have pattern fit experience as well as understanding of basic apparel production processes
• Strong technical drawing and math skills
• Confident making technical design and grading decisions independently
• Passionate about Barry’s and/or fitness
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Microsoft Office 365
• PLM system experience