• Collaborate with Knitwear Designer and Factories on all sweater style development from sketch through production approval.
• Work closely with Senior Technical Designer to ensure all product fit and quality standards are being met and our garments are being produced at the highest quality.
• Partner with Production and Quality Control teams to ensure product standards are being met in the finished goods.
• Coordinate with teams to schedule fit time necessary to meet deadlines.
• Attends fitting sessions in partnership with the Designer.
• Spec all garments prior to fitting and take notes in garment fitting.
• Send detailed fit comments to the factories at each step (Proto 1, Proto 2, SMS, PPS, TOP)
• Ship pinned samples back to the factories to follow.
• Assist Knitwear Designer with Flat CADs for techpacks and internal design boards as necessary
• Assist Knitwear Designer with Development WIP color updates as necessary.
• Include all basic product specifications in techpacks.
• Researches the local market.
• Supports team with administration duties and the product design process, including preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PDM process and email correspondence.
• 5+ years’ experience in sweater technical design with fast paced Contemporary or High-End Brands.
• Comprehension of yarn qualities, stitches, sweater construction, finishing, and knitting machine restrictions.
• Basic computer knowledge: ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program).
• Basic design and color sense.
• Must have experience in production – fit approvals, grading, and quality control.
• Basic organizational and communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge of Excel and Illustrator. College degree in Fashion Design or related field preferred.
• Adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Creative problem-solving skills.