Technical Designer: Men’s and Women’s Activewear & Outerwear.
Our client is a global leader with one of the world's most sought-after portfolio of brands.
Technical Designer Overview:
As the Technical Designer, you will oversee all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit.
Technical Designer Responsibilities:
· Work with designers - create initial specs for development and costing
· Ability to interpret original proto sample into actionable fit sample utilizing customer spec standards.
· Measure and evaluate garments from proto sample through TOP within category assignment.
· Conduct fittings with designers/TD manager to assure desired aesthetic is maintained. Monitor and maintain fit, construction, grading and workmanship standards for each product category and ensure consistency.
· Evaluate fit samples and make recommendations for pattern improvements.
· Relay all fit comments, sewing corrections, and/or design changes to the factory with detailed sketches and photos.
· Communicate with buyers and vendor’s tech team and respond to any technical, fit and production related questions on a daily basis.
· Identify potential production problems to both customer and internal teams, and proactively offer solutions.
· Communicate with appropriate departments for approvals, production, quality or costing.
· Track order status daily and initiate & update production fit chart for avoiding any delivery issue.
· Approve CC label and testing report
Technical Designer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proven technical design experience
· Proficiency in Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Outlook, Illustrator, PLM, PDM