We are looking for someone who not only understands the studio and industry space and challenges, but also has the passion for and the expertise in delivering best in class software and hardware solutions.
• Software PM: Project Management expertise, delivering software solutions through a full project lifecycle. Strong understanding of and experience in managing complex, multi-functional software projects end-to-end from Planning to Implementation.
• Hardware PM: Project Management experience leading complex installations across both video infrastructure and hardware solutions.
• Communication: outstanding verbal presentation and written communication skills. Comfortable working with and facilitating decisions among senior leaders and executives based on evolving priorities. Able to ask the right questions and challenge status quo
• Attention to detail: Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized. Has a deeply curious mindset about new ideas. Expert at capturing and refining technical requirements. Understands and communicates sophisticated, technical/engineering issues
• Leadership: Ability to mobilize, encourage, and lead teams without direct management authority. Ability to lead teams consisting of both internal and external cross-functional partners. Builds relationships and influences others.
• Motivated: enjoys technical challenges, learning new technologies, and applying critical thinking. Stays calm amidst uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Knowledge: A good understanding of image capture, production and post-production workflows.
• Understand strategic priorities and engage in conceptualization and planning of initiatives
• Lead projects with ambiguous parameters. Listen to and evaluate many viewpoints, then take initiative to set the direction and get appropriate buy-in and approval
• Partner with stakeholders, software engineers, vendors, and other internal teams to deliver solutions.
• Lead teams through the entire project from planning to implementation, removing roadblocks as they arise.
• Drive and maintain leadership engagement and alignment, facilitating and supporting key decisions. Communicate timelines and provide updates to progress
• Follow standard methodologies and processes and help drive adoption of them throughout the organization.
• Remain organized in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities. Be comfortable with having to pivot quickly when necessary.
• Help with fiscal planning and supervising budgets
Education / Experience
• BS/MS in EE/CS/CE or equivalent knowledge and experience
• 7+ years experience as a technical software Project or Program Manager
• 3+ years of film/TV/media production or post-production experience
Day to Day
• You are a product manager for multiple software solutions, and the driving influence behind bringing solutions to our workflows.
• Your day consists of all activities related to the lifecycle of software development. Everything from planning to implementation, bringing teams together, following known best practices.
• Run hardware and infrastructure projects from start to finish. Work with vendors and onsite Engineers to ensure no unplanned disruption to Production.
• Help a young team implement key process and organization practices.