This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your passion for creative problem solving and eCommerce search performance as part of a growing SEO team! As the Technical SEO Lead you are responsible for developing and driving SEO strategy to inspire action across the digital organization.
In this new role, reporting to the Sr. SEO Manager within Americas eCommerce, you will partner with SEO and cross-functional teams to provide an outstanding experience for our users by analyzing, managing and executing tech SEO activities for all eCommerce sites in the Americas built on Salesforce Commerce Cloud’s SFRA platform. You will educate, evangelize and ultimately drive organic growth by combining your passion and knowledge of Technical SEO with your ability to build strong relationships, while collaboratively building, supporting and executing on prioritized roadmaps and initiatives.
- Plan and prioritize platform enhancements and track the impact of tech SEO improvements and provide periodic and regular updates via JIRA, Confluence, Tableau & Powerpoint/Keynote to team members & key partners on tech SEO project status, timelines, and results.
- Collaborate with partners on Engineering, Product, Merchandising and Publishing teams to lead and scale schema/structure data expansion projects. Drive testing strategy for new schema types.
- Improve tech site health – site indexation, geo-targeting, crawl efficiency. Uncover site health issues, plan and execute strategy to fix. Support SEO for site migrations and perform audits to maintain a healthy backlink profile.
- Track industry trends and organic traffic analytics dashboards and reporting tools to identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with SEO team members to conduct opportunity assessments and build measurement plans for strategic initiatives.
- Define standards and drive adoption of SEO data capabilities through documentation/training.
- Continually monitor industry trends, including search algorithm and result layout changes, SEO best practices, and the competitive landscape.
Skills & Qualifications for Success
- At least 3 years of Technical SEO experience with the ability to communicate complete Tech SEO solutions to partner teams.
- Deep level of experience with Botify, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Semrush, Adobe Analytics, SEO tools for excel, Google Search Console, Lighthouse, CRuX report
- Ability to drive complex issues through analysis and resolution and the ability to juggle several initiatives successfully and shift priorities as needed.
- Deep understanding of SEO methodologies and standard methodologies, experience with website analysis (Adobe Analytics) and various other industry standard reporting tools/sites.
- Contribute to comprehensive quarterly roadmaps grounded in data and customer insights in partnership with cross functional partners. Implement SEO standards during site redesigns, new product rollouts, major and minor enhancements and new site features
- Work with the Sr. Manager SEO to define measurable goals and critical metrics, set priorities and lead a backlog of features and functionality; work with engineering, design, and QA to meet those requirements.
- Partner with content, product, marketing and technical teams across the company to map SEO investments and establish standards to monitor and report on SEO efforts.
- Develop, socialize and champion an SEO technical strategy amongst various cross-functional partners on the back of data-driven forecasts
- Deep understanding of technologies & Frameworks including SQL, Python, ReactJS and APIs.
- Experience with common search engine data platforms, including Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools
- Ability to provide clear, concise communication in verbal and written formats.
- Superior relationship-building with cross-functional teams to deliver results through excellent partnership, communication and negotiating skills.
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Clear, concise and persuasive communication style that earns stakeholder buy-in and compels action.
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends.
- High tolerance for change
- Love for solving puzzles and creative problem solving
- Experience managing a SEO development team a plus
- Coding ability and experience with Coremetrics as a CRM a plus
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science a plus