Our client is looking for a Toy Designer with proven experience managing hardlines product design development, including toys, games and novelties, from concept design through production. Working with internal teams and under direction of senior design team, Designer will be responsible for overseeing various stages of hardlines categories to support the creation of dynamic, innovative and brand-appropriate product. Designer should be highly creative, organized, and receptive to direction, with a strong understanding of the client's brand.
The Designer will work under direction of the category leads to assure quality and accuracy of multiple product lines. Should have a strong background in product development and manufacturing with an emphasis on toys, games and novelties categories, with proven understanding of the physical and digital manufacturing and development of 3D product.
• Critical review of design and development for multiple Consumer Products hardlines products.
• Manages work flow of design and development activities for multiple categories and product lines simultaneously.
• Develops concept sketches and control art for vendor design direction
• Reviews and comments on submittals and all aspects of approvals.
• Delivers detailed creative review of product stages in time-sensitive manner to maintain production schedules
• Works directly with sourcing teams and vendors to ensure on-time development of product
• Assists with translating new concepts into marketable, quality products and product lines. Recommends creative ideas and products to build business.
• Coordinates with internal teams and third party vendors on new projects with clearly communicated deadlines.
• Exhibits ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
• 4+ years of related work experience; with an emphasis on product design and development including inputs, sculpt, and decos.
• Proven knowledge of 3D product development, including design, manufacturing techniques & their application in production, with the capacity to apply that experience to a variety of product categories.
• Strong design sense with ability to review and critique both 2D and 3D design and graphic executions
• Solid understanding of the brand's IP
• Highly detail-oriented with proven critical thinking skills
• Able to clearly communicate and engage in productive design dialogues
• Computer skills in the following software applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite. 3D Software experience is a plus.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to take strategic direction and thrive in active, high-pressure environment
• Highly motivated with positive attitude
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in support of overall brand strategies
• Bachelors, or equivalent work experience