Length of Contract: 3 months with potential to extend or convert to FTE.
Location or Remote: Remote
Please include portfolio in submission.
Client Overview: The client operates at the intersection of advertising and eCommerce and offers advertisers a rich array of innovative advertising solutions across their ecosystem of mobile and desktop websites, proprietary devices and advertising platform.
Position Overview: The Senior UX Designer is a design leader who will help our public sector customers on their digital transformation journeys and will drive needs discovery and creative direction for multiple public sector offerings. You will work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of product managers, UX research, and engineering to explore, innovate and create ways in which we can help our government customers accelerate their digital transformations.
You will interact daily with cross-functional partners to understand customer needs, map user journeys, prototype and test solutions, produce interaction and visual designs, and deliver high quality accessible user experiences for an international public sector customer base. You will have the opportunity to work with a high level of autonomy and you may find yourself working on multiple projects at a time, which will require the ability to multi-task, set clear expectations with stakeholders, and prioritize your work.
- Lead and facilitate design workshops with customers, stakeholders, the development team, and other designers.
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications.
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, stakeholders and executives to share progress and for review and feedback.
- Contribute to the creation and writing of white papers and blog articles relating to your work.
- 6+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Experience with UX design of complex workflows for technical customers and/or experience in delivering design solutions for projects of large scope and complexity.
- Experience in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
- Proficiency in designing and prototyping with tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- Experience collaborating with software developers to implement designs.
- Experience with the planning and facilitation of design workshops.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree