Our client is seeking a talented, passionate User Experience Designer for their WebStore business. They are leveraging the ecommerce and merchandising technology to build a best-in-class product that enables retailers and manufacturers to easily sell their products through their own branded website, over the phone, and/or in their retail stores, backed by the support, selection and expertise that only they can provide.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated person interested in designing innovative, intuitive web applications used by sellers to manage their inventory, orders, and customer-facing website. The ideal candidate knows how to leverage visitor data to inform their recommendations and measure their design solutions. An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users is an absolute must; this role will significantly impact the user experience of thousands of retailers and manufacturers by optimizing their ability to manage their multichannel ecommerce business.
Story Behind the Need – Business Group & Key Projects
• Business group
• Team culture
• Surrounding team & key projects
• Purpose of this team
• Reason for the request
• Motivators for this need Team Culture:
• Work hard play hard mentality.
• Team works in collaboration with open communication to get the job done in a healthy work environment.
Reason/motivation for request:
• Helping with HC for upcoming new projects.
Typical Day in the Role
• Daily schedule & OT expectations
• Typical task breakdown and rhythm
• Interaction level with team
• Work environment description
• Chance for flex hours or remote
• Chance for extension later Interaction with team:
• Working with a team of engineers and other technicians in a lab setting, working on other devices, team environment.
• Leadership Principle (have 1)
• Years of experience required
• Degrees or certifications required
• Best vs. average
• Performance indicators
• Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define business and feature requirements via empirical online data, usability findings, market research, and proven UCD principles.
• Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and interpreting analytics data using Omniture SiteCatalyst.
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and Amazon.com executives for review and feedback
• Contribute to user interface design and development best practices and standards.
• Provide leadership in the area of ecommerce trends, web application design, and user interface innovations.
• 7+ years industry experience providing interaction design solutions for web and/or software applications.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, and Dreamweaver.
• A strong online portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions is required.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player.
• Ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment.
• Top 3 must-have hard skills
• Level of experience with each
• Stack-ranked by importance 1 7+ years industry experience providing interaction design solutions for web and/or software applications.
2 Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.