The UX Designer is responsible for the design, and execution of ecommerce navigation systems, templates and features, across multiple phases of a digital product lifecycle. We’re seeking an innovative problem solver, a collaborative team player, and a skilled designer who can handle multiple projects of differing size and scope. You are driven by curiosity and passionate about user-centered experience design and able to handle both high-level vision and detail-focused execution. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Work closely with and across a teams of engineers, product managers, strategists and fellow creatives to deliver exceptional solutions to ecommerce UX design problems.
• Produce high quality user experience design through hybrid wireframe and visual designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps and prototypes
. • Collaborate with team members on user research, customer testing, and iterative feedback loops.
• Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
• Curious | You are a constant student of best practices and emerging trends in UX. Consumer technology developments inspire and energize you.
• Open and collaborative | YOU are an expert, but WE win as a team – you must be comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in a cross-discipline environment.
• Ego-less | We all wear all the hats that need wearing – from high level thinking to in-the-trenches work, your flexibility, positivity and focus on results makes the team successful.
Requirements for the position include:
• 5-8 years of experience creating user-centered designs for ecommerce products
• A portfolio of work showcasing how content, design and interface work together to create great digital experiences.
• Proven record of shipping quality software.
• A conceptual thinker and master of user experience with the ability to produce exceptional design work.
• A high level of proficiency creating prototypes with inVision and other web-based prototyping tools.
• Experience with web-based usability testing tools
. • Extensive background leading collaboration sessions with various types of experts and those with differing levels of exposure to UX working methodologies.
• Understanding of underlying technology is necessary. You don't have to be a developer, but you understand what makes things work.
• In-depth understanding of Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Bonus points for experience bringing designs to life through animation; i.e. Principle, Flash, After Effects
• Able to function independently and in a team environment
• Outstanding team player and positive attitude.
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and process excellence.