Our client, a hair care ecommerce brand is seeking a remote UX designer to join their team.
As a UX Designer, you’ll take part in refining and enhancing the user experience for three customer-facing brands. In this role, you’ll lead UX processes across client brands by taking UX research and transforming them into delightful and intuitive user experiences. You’ll bring a clean, mobile-first design aesthetic to the table and influence how our brand websites function, look & feel.
- Lead UX design for D2C e-commerce businesses that specialize in the mass-customization of consumer products.
- Participate in ideation and scoping for new initiatives, feature enhancements, and A/B tests.
- Collaborate with the user experience and product team to identify and design solutions to usability issues, and test your design recommendations in an iterative fashion.
- Communicate with the user experience and product team throughout the design process to ensure business goals, requirements, roadmap and timelines are being met.
- Translate concepts into appropriate UX artifacts such as personas, user journeys, wireframes, site maps, user flows and wireframes in low- medium- and high-fidelity that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively in a fast-paced environment; bring UX best practices, research-backed insights and thorough design recommendations to the table every day.
- Work daily in tools such as Figma, Framer, Google Docs, whiteboard tools such as Miro or Figjam.
- You’re able to create flawless prototypes in Figma that include multiple user flows for remote user-testing.
- Design with a mobile-first approach.
- Provide product requirements for your user-tested design solutions.
- Partner with developers and QA to ensure designs are properly implemented.
- Identify and share UX design trends and best practices with the user experience team.
- Work collaboratively across different teams with different skill sets, including leadership, brand/marketing, product managers, developers, and other stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in UX design with a strong portfolio and URL samples of responsive web designs; experience in e-commerce and/or startup preferred.
- You have a solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- You’re an expert-level Figma user; you’re experienced in using a shared UI pattern library, create prototypes, manage files and organize artboards.
- Experience in designing marketing landing pages, discount treatments and promotional messaging, and related ecommerce content modules and touchpoints.
- Ability to cleanly organize and document design processes in an open and transparent way; highly organized file management.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to solve usability problems.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and skilled at handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter, proactive, highly organized, strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional portfolio that demonstrates your UX capabilities, creativity, and problem-solving.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- A passion for designing user interfaces that effectively serve the needs of the user and the business.
- Bonus: Ability to tell stories and create compelling and engaging slide decks and vreports speaking to UX research and UX design insights and recommendations.