Our client is looking for a UX Director to lead and oversee our growing platform of SW applications and services. Based in the US and reporting to the Head of Global UX, this role will be responsible for driving the user research, experience ideation, prototyping, user validation, and UX/UI design required to bring our software needs to life -- in addition to building key strategic partnerships to help raise and achieve our software ambitions.
To deliver on these objectives this individual must have a strong portfolio that demonstrates the ability to achieve modern, form-follows-function application experiences that also connect emotionally with users -- and who also has experience working within organizations to anticipate how to evolve UX operations to support a rapidly scaling, dynamic, and distributed UX team.
We value individuals who are adaptable, empathetic executors who are energized by supporting a large, fast-paced, global organization. In addition to partnering on the vision and objectives for our software. This role will also be responsible for leading the design, development and management of the UI Design Language System, libraries, common components, and as well as the workflows used by all software products.
- Collaborating with senior leaders in UX, Consumer Insights, Product, and Engineering to ensure users are provided with simple, effortless, crafted software experiences that are in alignment with our software product roadmaps and business goals.
- Championing design-thinking and UX best practices across the organization and advocating a user-obsessed approach toward software design and development to grow our software into a world class experience differentiator.
- Defining and driving the UX vision and strategy for existing and future software objectives.
- Owning the process and compliance of product quality measurements like usability JIRAs, CSAT data, and usability baseline tests.
- Leading our communities of practice across products and businesses, including tool training, creating communities of practice for design and research, and organizing cross-team areas of focus.
- Ensuring the evolution of components and patterns that facilitate consistency and seamless cross-product journeys.
- Driving the vision, quality, integrity, and scalability of our design language system.
- Recruiting and developing extraordinary talent by identifying, hiring, coaching, managing and mentoring a cross-discipline team of UX and UI designers.
- Managing procurement and compliance of design tooling, collaboration tools, and research platforms.
- Operationalizing accessibility and inclusive design in all software experiences.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced User Experience Design Leader with a passion for using technology to make people’s lives better.
- You have a deep understanding and appreciation for the user centered design craft and a drive to leverage the UCD process to develop magical, desirable products for users -- while maintaining a healthy appreciation for the gritty details necessary to make these experiences possible.
- You flourish in environments where your leadership helps teams come together to deliver amazing experiences -- and as such you are extremely comfortable socializing, initiating, and driving the processes, collaborations, negotiations, and delivery these experiences require with an open, humble and collaborative attitude.
- Strong, demonstrable experience creating and delivering UX systems and programs that support the development of successful and intuitive products in high growth environments.
- Proven track record working with product and engineering leaders to establish objectives, high-level strategies, and key results for a group of design & research operations practitioners.
- Experience in setting up a design and research operation to successfully identify and drive high impact experiences that are great for the end user, the business, and the design team.
- Confidence in confronting difficult situations or increasing communication when there’s friction or uncertainty.
- Success collaborating with other leaders to develop a systems vision and convey the strategy to their team in a way that influences execution.
- An understanding of how to foster team health and bring a sense of mission to the broader UX team.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for desktop, web and mobile applications.