Our client, a leader in the healthcare technology services field, is looking to add a UX Interaction Designer to their team on a freelance basis, starting immediately. The role will be located in Wisconsin (2 days a week on site), will be 40 hours a week, for at least 6 months.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to implementation. Like all of our UX jobs, you’ll collaborate with your design partners to leverage and evolve the EDS design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for our clients' customers.
The UX Interaction Designer's Responsibilities:
- Satisfy user needs through well thought out designs
- Utilize UX tools to communicate solutions
- Communicate design concepts to stakeholders, subject matter experts, engineers and UX team members
- Practice continuous discovery to capture unmet user needs
- Capture design concepts in design specifications to be used by software engineering teams to fulfill the vision of the design
- Support software engineering teams during implementation
- Partner with multiple programs within our organization to evolve and apply new design solutions and aesthetics for the next generation healthcare software applications.
- Creates multiple variations to a single design component to explore how different treatments meet design requirements and brand/experience goals.
- Explains and defends design decisions to other members of the project team including developers, product managers, and other designers.
- Constructively participates in critiques of own design ideas and those of others.
The UX Interaction Designer Must Have the following -
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design with medium experience.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
- Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools, hand drawn and visual communication, time-based and interactive prototyping tools.
- Ability to use generative techniques (sketching, brainstorming, etc.) to establish a variety of possible design decisions and decision scenarios.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Axure).
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and product teams (interaction, UX research, engineering, content strategy).
- Advanced skills in problem-solving and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for multiple business applications.
- Understands key principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important.
- Ability to clearly communicate with a variety of stakeholders; ability to facilitate group discussions and meetings effectively.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and pivot quickly when needed.
- Demonstrated curiosity and a deep passion for learning.
- Demonstrated active listening skills; ability to identify when additional information is needed from customer/manager and asks cogent and relevant questions to obtain it.
- Experience implementing visual design systems across platforms in an Agile software development environment
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions.
- Ability to speak on the UX process used to create the designs.
- Understands key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization.
- Understands the healthcare industry at a high level.
- Defines objectives, problems, and questions and gathers appropriate inputs before generating and evaluating solutions and answers.
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build good working relationship
If you are qualified for and interested in this role, please forward your resume and portfolio today!