Job Title: UX Research Lead
Location: Remote - US
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Product Management
Reports to: Director of User Experience
The User Experience Research Lead is responsible for developing the user research practice our client company investigating user needs, and offering product teams answers to research questions and the means of obtaining those answers. They have responsibility for user research projects and the processes that deliver user research outcomes, but are not a manager of people.
- Lead and perform user research including internal and external interviews, contextual inquiry, shadowing, and other research activities to inform new and derivative interaction concepts.
- Bring UX designers, product managers, and other business stakeholders to greater customer understanding by involving them in research activities and internally publicizing the results.
- Assist designers and product managers in engaging with Customer Advisory Boards and evaluating the feedback thereof.
- Assist designers and project managers in offering interaction concepts to stakeholders and end-users for feedback, selection, and refinement.
- Evaluate existing workflows to help determine where improvements are needed, using research tools such as summative testing, expert evaluation, shadowing, and the like.
- Foster the adoption of formative and summative usability testing at our client company.
- Plan, recruit for, and run moderated and unmoderated testing, evaluate and document findings, and help teams decide how to respond to the results.
- Lead designers to the right testing methods for their specific needs.
- Collect experience data from existing sources such as product instrumentation and customer success team interactions, and use it to inform design and product management personnel in selecting and shaping improvements, new features, and new concepts.
- Assist product management and design in developing and performing surveys and understanding the results thereof.
- Assist product management and design in establishing success metrics for products and experience metrics for key features and workflows, and help monitor those metrics.
- 7 years of experience conducting generative and evaluative user research for enterprise software or web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and present research findings in a compelling manner.
- A defined personal approach to design—based on your study in User Centered Design, Human Computer Interaction, or Design Thinking—and an ability to articulate the rationale for recommendations.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Great attention to detail, conceptual thinking, and adaptability.
- Able to work well independently and with teams.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to contribute to an inclusive work environment by valuing diverse perspectives, communicating positively, and appropriately involving others in the work.
It’s especially nice if you have
- Working knowledge of interaction design techniques and tools.
- Experience informing features and improvements that scale and segment elegantly, can be released incrementally, repeated across features, and resized based on product needs.
- Experience testing for and evaluating the accessibility of interfaces.
- Experience writing and maintaining design documentation.
- Experience with service design and systems thinking.
- Experience in academic administration, research administration, or on a research team.
- Travel to customer on-sites and industry conferences as needed (3%).
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to 50% of the time.
- This is a security sensitive position, requires a background check, and will need to adhere to the Clients Information Security Management System.
- Medical – Employer pays 90% of employee premium (PPO + HSA available)
- Short term disability covered
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Commuter benefits
- Parental Leave
- Casual Work Environment
- Wellness Incentives