We are seeking a researcher who is passionate about Customer Service teams and solving the challenges they face. You will conduct strategic and tactical research to help shape the vision for what the future of Customer Service should be and how the next generation of Service Cloud products will support that future. You’ll learn about and advocate for users who provide customer support, manage contact centers, and set up tools and processes for customer service teams. You’ll help the team balance our users’ needs for speed, efficiency, and customization.
* Conduct strategic and tactical research that informs product strategy, design, and development
* Collaborate with other researchers on projects aimed at deeply understand the needs and use cases of customers who will be using the product
* Conduct generative and evaluative research projects using a mixture of large-scale (surveys, unmoderated testing, etc.) and small-scale research methods (interviews, usability testing, etc.).
* Synthesize research findings to identify product use cases and priorities
* Create narratives to frame problems and highlight the business value of potential solutions
* Work on fast-paced projects, requiring attention to detail and working within constrained timeline
* B.A./B.S. in Psychology, Anthropology, HCI, or other field emphasizing human behavior OR B.A/ B.S. in a research-focused discipline such as Research Methodology, Experimental Design, Design Research, etc.
* 3-4 years relevant experience in user research with cross-functional teams (e.g. design, product management, engineering)
* Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different user research methods
* Ability to plan, design, and execute research engagements, and communicate the strategic and tactical implications for the product
* Comfort with at least two qualitative methods in addition to usability testing
* Comfort with executing and analyzing basic surveys
* Excellent observation, note-taking, and synthesis skills
* Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and adapt to changing schedules and priorities
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills Nice to Have
* M.A./M.S. or Ph.D. in Psychology, Anthropology, HCI, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or M.A. / M.S. in a research-focused discipline such as Research Methods, Experimental Design, Design Research, etc.
* Deep understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different user research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
* Understanding of, or experience with CRM tools or the Customer Service industry
* Familiarity with unmoderated user research tools