The User Experience team is responsible for creating engaging, disruptive experiences wherever our customers or employees interact with technology – from our websites to our physical stores to the applications we use to run our businesses. The work of our group impacts all of our brands and Intermix across every major platform. Our work is an integral part of the success and growth of the brand channel experience and evolve our digital experiences from the ground up.
• Assigned to the Design System Team, co-own Stitch, our Design System, along with the Design System Lead, the UX Creative Director, Front End Developers, and brand partners.
• Participate in conversations starting in early concept development, providing input on components as they are being developed and helping to form the nuances of the final design and implementation.
• Produce thorough explorations of possible system solutions to complex content and interaction problems on the ecommerce platform and with the brand marketing and content teams.
• Champion solutions that are intuitive, powerful and delightful
• Expand the existing Design System based on business and user needs and co-own the education, governance and evangelism of the system.
• Work collaboratively with interaction design, product management, user research, engineering, and brand creative partners
• Pair daily, in person if possible, with the Design System Developers on experiments, strategy, governance and implementation details.
• Eloquently communicate design decisions to stakeholders of all levels
• Advocate for the user as much as for the business
• Serve as a trusted advisor to the individual brand teams, maintaining a two-way conversation by helping them improve the usability of their site content while also constantly discussing brand infusion into our core experiences
Requirements and Skills:
• An online portfolio which demonstrates minimum 5 years experience designing engaging user experiences for the desktop, mobile and any other digital experience
• BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, User Experience, Human Factors or related field
• Fluency in visual design and interaction principles and ability to sweat the details
• Experience designing for eCommerce or SaaS (web and native a plus)
• Hands-on experience designing responsive sites
• Knowledge of the software development process and ability to communicate well with software development teams
• Nimble, self-driven and balance multiple projects with aggressive development cycles
• Experience with the following tools: Sketch, Invision, Axure, Adobe CS, GitHub, other prototyping tools