Our client is an American gambling company that offers sportsbook, daily fantasy sports, online casino and online horse race betting products.
UX Writer Overview:
We’re looking for a UX writer to join our UX & Design team in our Atlanta office.
UX Writer Responsibilities:
- Improve user experiences through copy: Work with product designers, UX researchers, product managers, and others to identify where we can improve user experiences through informative, entertaining, and contextual copy—from UI components to conversational interactions and beyond.
- Shape our product voice and tone guidelines: Help raise the bar for all product communication, driving clarity and consistency and further developing our voice and tone guidelines as part of our wider foundational design system.
- Strengthen our brand: Work closely with our marketing team to make sure the UX copy you write is consistent with the marketing copy they write. Together you’ll represent the brand, from marketing material to onboarding to ongoing use of our products.
- Influence projects from a copy perspective: Bring key stakeholders together and foster relationships around common goals and priorities.
- Communicate and collaborate: Frame your decisions with strong rationales, and be prepared to tell a story, articulate insights from UX research, and support decisions firmly but reasonably. Engage in regular, open conversation within cross-functional teams to build trust in and respect for our work.
- Execute, test, and iterate: Help ship products at every stage of the process, beyond just handing off copy documents. Work closely with the research, product, and data teams to determine the performance of your work so you can iterate on your copy and improve it over time.
UX Writer Qualifications:
- You’re a strong writer with 3+ years of experience in UX writing. You have a technical understanding of the writing and the flexibility to offer a range of copy options for any given project.
- You’ve contributed to some shipped projects and can demonstrate both independent work and collaboration within those projects.
- You have advanced knowledge of spelling and grammar, and knowledge of information hierarchy.
- You can make advanced and nuanced edits to writing guidelines, including building out new sections and structuring a style guide to accommodate growing and changing needs.
- You’re developing skills to evangelize UX writing within an organization. You understand how to grasp the full context of flow(s) when writing copy.
- You have knowledge of design and collaboration platforms, and you can collaborate on user research projects and use findings to drive copy decisions.
You can clearly communicate direction rationale to peers and wider teams.