Local Talent is preferred. Company will be moving to a hybrid model in the next few months. Schedule will be flexible, but they would like candidates to be able to come onsite 2-3 days/week.
Looking for a SOLID mid-level UX Writer with content strategy as well. Client is looking for someone who can work independently, contribute ideas and help build out the vision of the department. This person should be vocal with ideas and input.
In addition, client would love if you have experience writing training tutorials (overview of product features, benefits of products, onboarding scripts, etc)
About the Team
The User Experience team influences design thinking, strategy, and execution throughout the customer journey of numerous products, and contributes design leadership and oversight to increase product teams’ understanding of the factors that influence behavior, drive engagement and increase delight.
Bringing passion, empathy and expertise to every engagement, UX drives innovation through discovery, design and optimization of factors that positively influence decision making, bring our clients’ brands to life and increase efficiency and satisfaction.
• 3-5 years of professional UX writing/web content strategy experience for digital, transactional products in client-side or agency-side settings.
• Be able to share URL to an online portfolio that contains work samples representing a healthy mix of content for transactional web and mobile experiences and content strategy artifacts.
The ideal UX writer/Content Strategist candidate will have a well-rounded balance of the following:
• Passion for interactive technology and eagerness to collaborate with creative people.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with tight deadlines and multi-task efficiently in high volume, fast paced settings.
• Experience collaborating in-person with co-located Agile project teams as well as collaborating virtually with geographically distributed team members.
• A solid understanding of how quality content supports and enhances the user experience cross a range of digital products and in various formats (e.g., error messages and alerts, onboarding, interface copy, etc.).
• Understanding of plain language and how to develop and apply voice and tone.
• Understanding of Responsive Web Design and Mobile First.
• Understanding of Web Accessibility and familiarity with WCAG is a plus.
• Experience in the financial, retail, hospitality and travel industries is a plus.
• While this is NOT a marketing copywriter role, experience as a marketing or blog copywriter is a plus.
• Training content development a plus.
• Excellent at crafting concise, clear, consistent, quality copy to help a user through a digital, transactional experience with a small amount of product real estate.
• Ability to define editorial standards and apply them consistently.
• Proofreading with eagle eye for detail.
• Web content strategy, including SEO, information architecture and tagging/taxonomies.
• Comfortable working closely with product owners, managers, researchers, business analysts, technical architects, developers, and designers to conceptualize solutions that are engaging, technically feasible and meet established requirements.
• Ability to understand and interpret UX artifacts such as user flows, journeys, personas and wireframes.
• Ability to design wireframes in Figma (or similar tool) a plus.